On posing for photos.
Sunday, 16 March 2008
YouTube - Photographers job on the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
For me, as I just took about 20 pictures of myself in my new fancy dress for the Wall Street dinner in order to show Dan, here is what helps:
- Face body towards camera: just more flattering for las curves, I think.
- Look down, not up. Issue is that my chin is rather not prominent so when I look up it just disappears into my neck in the photo and I look entirely chinless, rather than the desired double-chin-less.
- Turn head to left and down (as mentioned above), tilt head slightly away, look back.
- Smile. Easier to get away with a "demure" smile than an all out one, otherwise face gets wayyyyy too round.
- REALLY HELPFUL: keep arms by sides and extend both arms and fingers, as in dancing. Turning the arms into smooth lines like this is really slimming.
- Shoulders back, draw tailbone down, as in ballet posture.